Steam Deck - Setting up Emudeck Cloud Sync
A couple of weeks ago, the EmuDeck team released their first 2.0 release of EmuDeck to the masses. Bringing with it a fresh new UI for installing and configuring.
With this update, the team also brought Cloud Sync allowing users to sync saves from the emulators to a cloud provider. This is currently in beta, and people were excited about it so I typed up some quick notes on Twitter for them.
The supported cloud providers are as of writting:
- Google Drive
EmuDeck cloud sync works using rsync to sync up the saves to your provider.
Let’s get into it:
- Firstly, open up EmuDeck from the desktop and select the Tools & Stuff button
- Now the Tools & Stuff window is open, along the first row there is a SaveBackup button. Give it a click.
- Now you can select your provider, EmuDeck looks like it supports Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, NextCloud and OneDrive. I’ve selected OneDrive as my chosen provider
- Once you have your provider selected, click the run SaveBackup button. This will create a shortcut on your desktop called EmuDeck save backup. Give it a double click and you will see a configuration menu. Click the Login to your cloud provider button
- Now authenticate using your selected cloud provider. Once authenticated, you should be redirected to a page which looks like this:
- When you go back to the SaveBackup tool, the options will be different. You get options to create service (backs up saves every 15 minutes), start/stop service, restore and a one time backup.
Initial syncs of your saves will take a while to sync, however subsequent saves are faster